A candle fundraiser is one of the most popular and profitable methods, and what could be more appropriate to raise money for a firehouse? If you’re searching for fundraising ideas here and how to gain awareness for your organization, then you’ll want to consider a candle fundraising event. This form of fundraising offers a wide array of possibilities when it comes to the type of candles used and the potential for great profit. While this can be a very successful venture, there are several tips you should follow to ensure your success.
Organizing a Candle Fundraiser – Essential Information
Candle fundraisers are surprisingly easy to organize and operate. If they are done correctly, they can also be one of the most lucrative ventures for your firehouse. While there are literally hundreds of candle fundraising companies, which offer a wide range of products and opportunities, most follow a standard protocol:
- Finding an Candle Company – You may be surprised at the number of candle companies specializing in candles for fundraisers. While you may feel pressured to go with the first company you locate, don’t be surprised some of the more well-known candle companies are more than willing to offer special discounts for fundraising events. Gather a list of candle companies and contact each one describing your needs.
- Receive Brochures and Order Forms – After you’ve made a decision, the candle company will send you brochures of their specialty items along with order forms. Some companies perform this process virtually by giving out business cards to a special website, which is dedicated to selling candles for your fundraiser. Regardless, you should never have to pay upfront for candles or order forms.
- Distribute Brochures or Domain – Much like other forms of fundraising that deal with selling physical products, the fundraiser operates for a set duration (typically one month). Throughout this time, supporters and volunteers distribute order forms to potential buyers. At a set date, the order forms are collected with the appropriate funds and then sent off to the company.
- Receive the Candles – After you’ve sent off the order forms, the candle company will then send all candles to your organization’s primary address. Each order will be appropriately packaged; however, they will likely not be sent directly to your supporters.
- Deliver Candles to Your Supporters – The candles may be delivered to your supporters in several different ways. The most common is having the candles placed in the administrative office of your firehouse and have each customer come and pick up their candles. Another option is mailing the candles to each customer. While this may be the easiest way to deliver the product, it can be expensive.